If you’re a business owner with working premises and on-site staff, you will know there comes a time when all offices require new equipment and possibly a re-organisation of the floorplan. I want to use this short article to give you some valuable ideas on sourcing a superb supplier, the areas of the office you might improve and the available benefits.
Finding The Right Suppliers
Unless you already have an office refit specialist, you will need to find several local companies that can turn your vision and ideas into a reality. A great starting point is an internet search, using your favoured search engine type in ‘office fit-out Tewkesbury‘ of something similar, obviously changing the place name for your local town or city. This task should give you a listing of local office refurbishment companies, now take some time to view their websites and make notes of any ideas or specialists you prefer. Having done that, make contact discuss their design processes; first contact with any potential supplier should enhance any feeling of whether they are someone to spend your money with.
Looking Around the Office
Depending on how much you want to spend, there are many options in all the areas of the workplace; let’s look at them now –
- Décor – is the office looking a bit dull? Refreshing the office with a new colour scheme can enhance everyone’s mood, happier staff are more productive.
- Furniture – a new set of office furniture is possible with a new ergonomic design giving a wealth of options available at every cost level.
- Floorplan – your refurb maybe being driven by a need to re-organise, a partitioning system could be the answer, many businesses now use glass partitions to spread natural light throughout.
- Lighting – Vitally important, advances in led lighting can simulate natural light if you do not have many windows.
- Staff Areas – kitchens and lunchrooms can be upgraded with new items, increasing staff well-being.
- Flooring & Ceiling – new carpets or tiles are a possibility to further add to the office’s overall aesthetic look. Suspended ceilings can change the aspect of a workspace completely and are helpful if acoustic protection is required.
These items are not a complete list but are the main areas you should focus on. You’re probably thinking all this sounds expensive; if you are on a tight budget, it is still possible to revitalise the office with some relatively inexpensive items. An increase in green planting, some bright new furniture both in the work or break areas and some colourful artwork on the walls can all have a huge impact and boost everyone’s morale and, in turn, their output.
The Design Process
When you have a good idea of what you want to accomplish, it’s time to start discussing it with the office refit specialists you will use. All excellent suppliers should be able to offer you a complete design service, possibly using a computer design programme to plan the refurbishment. Engage at least three prospective suppliers if you can find them; having got the quotations for your work, it may be possible to negotiate the costs in your favour.
Staff are most creative and productive in a well-planned and aesthetically pleasing office environment, and I hope I have given you some excellent ideas to move forward with your project.